Saturday, February 13, 2010

Valentine's Day

This day comes every year. People in relationships scramble to think of romantic gifts or events to plan. Single people lament that they don't have anyone to celebrate this day with. They get lonely.

I am neither of these people.

It might be odd, but Valentine's Day never has meant much to me. In a relationship or not, I find the day stupid and really don't pay it any attention. I am never bitter nor do I ever feel under any pressure. It is a holiday created by someone to create a "pop" in our economy. Maybe I am looking at it the wrong way, but it really is just a made up holiday- it's not religious or spiritual or a holiday in honor of a great person. So why do people care so much?

Now if you will excuse me, I am going to enjoy some delicious chocolate candies that I bought for myself at the grocery store:).
Post a Comment