Tuesday, December 7, 2010

COLD!

It's freakin' cold for Virginia in December. Highs in the 30's? This isn't Ohio, thank you. And not just outside. My office is FREEZING! I mean today I wore a turtleneck sweater with a long sleeved shirt underneath and by 10 o’clock I was in my jacket and gloves. My back muscles started aching around 9 and my nose started running. I couldn’t feel my toes. It’s not good. I can’t be productive because I want to move around all the time, so I end up leaving to wander around. I am in dire need of a space heater, but they are “not allowed” because they use too much electricity. Somehow I think my misery has to be unethical. Right? If I was in a skirt and thin shirt I might understand, but this is ridiculous. I am shopping for my illegal electricity sucker appliance this weekend, and I will not give it away! They will have to fire me first.

Also, to update those dying to know about my 4-year-old oatmeal breakfast last Friday, I did feel funny until lunch. I left my breakfast at home, so I was making some oatmeal we had lying around in my office. It smelled off, the sugar had solidified together in clumps, and sort of tasted like cardboard, and but I didn’t worry because oats shouldn’t go bad and it looked normal after it was cooked. Then I researched old oatmeal and got freaked out because apparently after 1 year, it can cause some not-so-fun things to happen. So in case you ever wonder if old oatmeal can go bad, it can!  

Happy Tuesday!!

Post a Comment