Sunday, December 5, 2010

A Leap of Fate

Being a single girl, I am usually on the look out for guys. I am not desperate, but I keep my eyes open and put myself out there when it is convenient. I do not shamelessly deny my friends the art of setting me up with someone, because the way I view it, the worst thing that can happen is you have a horrible hour or so with someone and never see them again. At least food and/or drinks is usually involved, which  makes it a better situation than sitting home alone by myself, eating with my cats. Though I will not deny that I don't love my nights home snuggling with my boys.

However, I do often wonder about how much fate has to do with meeting the right person. I do not believe that there is only one person out there for everyone- that just makes no sense to be. I think each person can love many (if not hundreds or thousands) people depending on timing and life situations. I think timing honestly is the key ingredient to a successful relationship (based on personal experience). But in regards to meeting that person, sometimes I wonder about how many times you actually pass by someone who could be someone special to you without knowing it. For instance, in movies the audience always knows two people who are supposed to meet one another, and, of course, they always do, whether it is at a random bar, in an airport, on vacation or just down the street. Last night I was out in Arlington with friends at a crowded bar, and there were tons of single guys and girls. Amongst my dancing and drinking, I kept looking around and wondering if there was anyone there I should meet and wishing I knew who that was. It is so easy to look past people and not know how they could be significant to you. It does not work out as easily as it does in the movies. It's so hard in real life to put yourself out there and give a number to a random stranger you just met, because you never know what it actually will mean or what will happen. But what if that random stranger is your next big thing? And how do you know when you should take a leap of faith and go for it?

Or is it all about fate?
Post a Comment