Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Ms. Walsh, the Inspirational


I have a dry erase board outside my office that I update everyday with a quote. I think it’s a good way to bring motivation or thoughts to ponder for the students. I use two websites and pick a quote I think is more relevant to high school kids. It’s been nice to have students and faculty read the quotes and then comment on them. Here are some of my favorites.

About all you can do in life is be who you are. Some people will love you for you.
Most will love you for what you can do for them, and some won't like you at all.
-Rita Mae Brown

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Experience is the teacher of all things.
-Julius Ceasar

Failure is the tuition you pay for success.
-Walter Brunell 

Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is more people who have come alive.
-Howard Thurman

All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on.
-Henry Ellis


And then not for school but just relevance in life:

When I didn’t see you, I thought about you every day. I mean every day, in some way or another.
Same here.
-One Day

I can live without you; it’s just that I’m not sure I want to.

Time passes in moments. Moments which, rushing past, define the path of a life, just as surely as they lead towards its end. How rarely do we stop to examine that path, to see the reasons why all things happen? To consider whether the path we take in life is our own making, or simply one into which we drift with eyes closed? But what if we could stop, pause to take stock of each precious moment before it passes? Might we then see the endless forks in the road that have shaped a life? And, seeing those choices, choose another path?


Do you feel inspired? :)
Post a Comment