Sunday, February 20, 2011

Wahoowa


I had a wonderful day in Charlottesville yesterday visiting old friends and my old stomping ground. Good god, I miss it. I went to Bodo's Bagels, saw UVa beat Tech in basketball (twice in one year, take that Tech!), had Arches frozen yogurt with a wonderful friend, walked along the corner and the lawn (check out my awesome photography skills), bought some UVA paraphernalia, and ate off the downtown mall with some sorority sisters.




It was a fabulous Saturday. I know I have spoken before about how much I miss it, but yesterday really got to me. I know I mainly miss it for what it was and not what it currently is, because all of my friends are no longer there, but walking around UVa and being in Charlottesville is something special. I need to visit more. In some ways college feels like a lifetime ago, and I know I was ready to leave, but when they say "you don't really know what you've got til it's gone," my time at UVa always springs to mind. I loved it and enjoyed it, but I wish I had done more because there is so much to do and enjoy in Charlottesville. Just another reminder of living in the moment and not always wanting to rush to get to the next thing. The journey is often the best part.


Post a Comment