Thursday, March 31, 2011

Book Worm

Our school librarian sent out an email this week to have the faculty send in our top 3-5 favorite books of all time (she is going to make a game out of it somehow). I thought this was very hard to do, mainly because I have read a lot of good books but I can hardly remember any of them. As I have said, I am always reading something and probably read a 20-25 books a year, but since I read so much, I quickly forget books that I've read (sometimes so much so that I read them again not realizing til mid-way through that I have already read them. Hey, nothing like a good repeat)!

The top books on my list were:

1. To Kill A Mockingbird
2. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn
3. Coming of Age in Mississippi
4. Harry Potter (obvi- read the whole series at least 5 times- gotta include it!)

I came up with this list by the first books that popped into my head, but also with books I have read more than once. All the above books I've read at least 3 times. However, I was thinking more and thought of some other favorites...The Help, Nineteen Minutes, The Awakening, Catcher in the Rye, Firefly Lane, Otherwise Known as Sheila the Great, Love in the Time of Cholera, Anne of Green Gables...it gets SO hard! I know these are not the only books I have read and loved over the years, but it is so easy to forget the great ones when you read so much.

SO my challenge to you all: What are your top 3-5 favorite books? I am always looking for reading suggestions, so comment below!
Post a Comment