Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Food for Thought

I promise I am not going to only talk about my new eating viewpoints, but while at the beach in Duck, North Carolina, I have been on a reading frenzy. I have read twelve books in four weeks, three since Sunday. Anyways, before anyone can argue with me that eating animals is ok, I will only speak to you about it if you have read these two books:

"In Defense of Food"


"Eating Animals"


Natalie Portman describes the latter perfectly, “[T]his book reminded me that some things are just wrong. Perhaps others disagree with me that animals have personalities, but the highly documented torture of animals is unacceptable, and the human cost Foer describes in his book, of which I was previously unaware, is universally compelling.”


OK I promise I am off my soapbox!!
Post a Comment