Saturday, July 9, 2011

Sample Menu

Four days into veggie living and it's going well. I am finding that I don't miss meat at all and that it is pretty easy avoiding it. I was at a dinner party last night and knew they were having steak, so I didn't know how that would go with me not eating it (I actually don't like steak anyways, so I wouldn't eat it even if I wasn't a vegetarian), but they actually had an alternative dish for the non-red meat eaters.

For those curious as to what I typically eat on a regular basis now, here is a sample:

Breakfast- Fiber One Cereal w/ Soy Milk and a piece of fruit (Banana or Strawberries)
Lunch- Roasted Red Pepper Hummus on Wheat Bread (delicious w/ Sweet Pickles), Honey Wheat Pretzels, Yogurt and a piece of fruit (typically Grapes)
Dinner- Spinach leaves topped with Strawberries, Blueberries, Pecans/Walnuts, and Low-Fat Poppyseed dressing with Carrots and Hummus (and sometimes bread) as a side. I usually have Soy Ice Cream Sandwiches for dessert.
Snacks- Granola Bars, Fiber One Bars, Apples, Nuts, Pretzels, ect

I have also been clearing out my milk/egg products, so I have been eating more yogurt and egg whites than I will once I go more "vegan." I don't expect to be a real vegan at any point because I think it will be too difficult and I do not want to be rude or difficult at events/parties/eating out, but I will try my best. Anyways, vegetarianism is pretty simple in our day and age, I just have to make sure I don't overload on carbs! This is making me more interesting in cooking, though, so I think I have a new hobby starting...:) I am already cutting out recipes and getting more creative with veggies in dishes. I may be a chef after all!
Post a Comment