As November is coming to a close, I am amazed at how fast this month has gone by! It seems it just began. I hope December is quick as well- I enjoy when time goes by fast because that typically means I am busy, happy, or at least forget the bad stuff that has happened because it’s gone so fast:).
Here are some odds and ends to update you on:
- Coffee. It’s official. I like coffee. I began drinking iced coffee with soy milk and Truvia all-natural sweetener last spring and that was my gateway drink to hot coffee. I still do not need to drink it to wake up, but I do enjoy a cup every few days or so. I hope I don’t become dependent on it though! But my Starbucks trips are more frequent- just last night I read, did some holiday cards and enjoyed the ambianceJ. It was a perfect Monday night.
- Vegetarianism. It seems my vegetarianism is still a hot topic of conversation, and not all my friends know about it yet even though it has been 5 months. It has been going very well, and I still do not miss meat at all. The only roadblock I have is when going to people’s houses or going out to eat- even when I try to be vegetarian, it turns out something has chicken stalk or there are only meat options. So I have occasionally had shrimp, but that has only been about 3 times. As far as the Veganism, I do not buy anything with ANY animal products in it, but I do not eat 100% vegan due to eating out/at other people’s houses. I would still say 75% of the time I am. I also rocked Thanksgiving this year by enjoying all the delicious sides and no turkey. Didn’t miss it! AND I have not had so much as a cold in 5 months, so whether that is from not consuming many animal products or not, I don’t know…but I think it is related. I also need less sleep than before...correlations maybe?
- Revenge. No not on you- it is my new favorite show! It’s on at 10 PM on Wednesday’s, but you can be like me and watch it on hulu on Thursdays. It’s awesome and fun. Do it.
- The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks. This book is awesome and I highly recommend it. It is about the cells used to cure diseases and the woman who they came from. It’s scientific but not overly so and has a great story. Read it!
- The Holiday’s. This is my first year sending out masses of handwritten cards. It’s more work than I thought, but more personal than a Holiday Newsletter (which I did create and might use next year- don’t worry it is funny). I hope people enjoy my hard work and huge handwriting! I also have holiday music on a loop in my office everyday to get me into the spirit these 3 weeks before winter break!
Caught red handed reading, drinking wine, and waiting for my sweet potatoes to boil on Thanksgiving! Also, the first year I stayed in my sweats the whole day- loved it!