Friday, March 16, 2012

Roller Coaster Ride

Oh my goodness what a roller coaster the past week and a half has been!

All I can say is just because you have a contract on a property, does not mean it is smooth sailing until you move in. I was informed at the beginning of last week that my loan was not yet finalized because the bank could not get approval for the condo complex due to occupancy rate standards and the classification of the condo (i.e. “gut job” or “non-gut job”). I was told every day last week that I “would find out tomorrow.” It was not looking good. I even went to look at an apartment because I was so sure none of this would work out. And I was less than 3 weeks from closing.
  
So it has been a waiting game all week. My loan officer met with the complex’s developer yesterday and it was decided they could do the loan if the developer sent a letter to the bank saying it was a “gut job” (meaning the complex had been gutted down to the walls and foundation and been redone completely, which it was in 2007…but at what point does a complex go from being a “gut job” to a “non-gut job?”) and the appraiser putting that it was a “gut job” in the appraisal (the appraisal was good- I am buying it for less than it’s worth). Whew.


So while the final “ok” has not yet been said, all the calls/requests have occurred and it is looking 99% likely that this will all work out. But my god, I have been going insane. I have felt very out of control of my life, which is one of my least favorite feelings. It has not only been in this house business but in my work and social life too, so I have not been a happy camper. I really need to work on going with the flow more, but it is so hard when issues are arising in multiple areas. My OCD kicks in and I become frantic. My roommates told me a good saying- decide if the thing bothering you/stressing you out will matter in 10 minutes, 10 months or 10 years. Obviously the housing situation is an issue that falls in the middle, but it can be applied more so to the daily small stressers. That is my new saying to calm myself down when I feel like I can’t get off the roller coaster of life!

I promise I do have good house pics, but I don’t want to jinx anything until I move. So look for those in the next few weeks!
Post a Comment