Monday, April 23, 2012

Healthy (Cheap!) Pizza

I have been awful about posting some of my new recipes on here, so I am trying to get back on the bandwagon. One of my favorite vegetarian meals is pizza and, thanks to my friend Nicole who introduced me to Trader Joe's, I have a cheap, easy, healthy recipe that I love to make! 

You need:

Trader Joe's Whole Wheat Pizza Dough ($1.29)


Trader Joe's Pizza Sauce (ah-maz-ing) ($2.29)


Assorted veggies of your liking- I like the washed and pre-cut selection at Kroger ($2.50-3.00)
Your favorite cheese ($2.00)


Simply spread out the dough and top the pizza with sauce, veggies, and cheese and bake at 425 degree for 25 minutes and you are good to go!  And all for a total of $8-$9! It is a delicious, healthy meal that will last 3 dinners if you are eating solo (I pair my pizza with a side salad) and it freezes well if you want to save leftovers. Luckily, I am always in the mood for pizza so I don't mind eating it multiple nights in a row:).
Post a Comment