Monday, May 14, 2012

Taste Buds

When I was out of town this past weekend, I ate a lot of food (obvi). During one of my delicious meals with friends, we were talking about how our taste buds have changed as we have gotten older. I have a few foods that I used to HATE but that now I love. Apparently I am not out of place with the changes in my taste buds during my early 20's.

1. Eggs. When I was little I would always comment about how I liked eggs"in my head" but I didn't actually. Well, my mouth finally followed suit and now I love eggs. I don't even need to add anything to them when I scramble- just ketchup!

2. Strawberries. I only started liking strawberries about 3 years ago. I never liked the little seeds, or the taste of any berries for that matter, but now I love strawberries. They are quickly becoming my favorite fruit (especially when on special)!

3. Green Veggies: Cucumbers, peppers, brussels sprouts and okra. NEVER liked any of 'em. Now I think they are absolutely delicious. I have found that I have grown to like many green veggies that I never would even give a second thought about buying. And they taste especially delicious dipped in ketchup, but then again, what doesn't?

4. Steak. Naw, just kidding:) Never liked it and never will- tastes like rubber!

This is what I think of steak! GET IT AWAY!


Post a Comment