Thursday, August 9, 2012

T-Vegas

On Tuesday evening I got back from a 6 day trip to Texas to visit my brother and sister-in-law. It was my first time visiting them without my parents. I decided to book this trip back in June because I originally was going to visit in September for the TCU vs. Virginia football game in Fort Worth. However, being the travelers they are, my brother and sister-in-law got invited to a wedding in Scotland that same weekend and decided to go. Therefore, I decided to change my travel plans and still go, but see more of Texas than I normally do.

I actually really enjoy traveling by myself. Granted, it helps when I have a direct flight and all the flights are on time, but I find it relaxing and a good time to think. The flight from Richmond to DFW is 2 1/2 hours, so it's not too long and just enough time to get in the groove of the flight. On the way over I listened to music and thought the whole time, while on the way back I almost read an entire book! I even ran into a former student at my high school in the DFW airport on my way back- small world!

While in Texas, we went to a Ranger's game, drove to Austin and saw the State Capitol and UT (very cool University) and ate dinner/walked around the downtown. Then we drove to San Antonio and stayed on the Riverwalk for 2 nights, site seeing the whole city (even including an adventurous bike ride in 100 degree heat for 3 hours). We went to the Natural Bridge Caverns on the way back and in Fort Worth visited TCU, downtown, had a drunken evening of margarita's and Trivial Pursuit (which Brian and Abbie paid for later), and even toured the Cowboy's new stadium (very cool)! It was a very nice trip. My brother is also into running, so we started each day with a bro/sis workout. If that doesn't put a smile on my parent's faces, I don't know what will.






It was a busy, fun trip! Thanks B & A!
Post a Comment