Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Working for the Weekend

I had a wonderful weekend this past weekend. I saw a movie at the discount theater in Richmond, known as the Byrd Theater, with a coworker. We saw "The Dark Knight" and despite the fact that it was 45 minutes too long and had too much violence, the ending made the film worth while. Also, I have never seen a bad movie for $2. Just sayin.'

On Saturday my dear friend Jane got married. The wedding was great fun and the weather was perfect. It was at a plantation out in the country about 45 minutes outside of Richmond. It was full of great friends, new and old, and, of course, great dancing. At one point the music stopped and I was heard belting out the song by all guests. What can I say,  I love my singing! I also learned the "Cotton Eyed Joe" dance. Even though it required my shoes to be taken off following the dance, I quite enjoyed the number. Nothing like singing to great friends in slow numbers too...I just can't be taken seriously on the dance floor.





Sunday was great because some coworkers and I saw the college a capella movie "Pitch Perfect." All I have to say is if you are not familiar with college a capella, you are missing out! It was one of the highlights of my college experience. Also, the UVA group, Hullabahoos, has a cameo and a number at the very end. I may have screamed. Check out their beautiful sounds at the last concert I saw them at in college in 2008.



I hope your weekend was great and you are enjoying the fall weather!
Post a Comment