Monday, December 17, 2012

Work Bloggin'

Since I am a counselor at a high school, I get word of a lot of incidents going on in or around our county. I am also privy to emails and resources about what can help parents and students during difficult times. Today I encourage you to go over to my work blog, mbkschoolcounseling.blogspot.com, for some ideas for you or your family when something like this happens.

It has been a very dark few days for our country, so I hope you and your loved ones find light in one another and the holiday season. I have never felt unsafe at my own school, but after the tragedy at Virginia Tech, which hit very close to home, and now this, I find it hard to believe that we are ever truly safe from anything anymore. The media, mental health field and gun control all need to be reexamined. There is no one quick, easy fix, but we all need to remember how we feel now to make this world a better place.

For the children.
Post a Comment