Sunday, December 23, 2012

Top 5 of '12

It's time for my annual TOP 5 of the year! Check out the last two years' lists....here and here!


5. Getting involved. This was more towards this years end, but I have gotten more involved in activities outside of work- joining a social sport league (kickball) and volunteering at the SPCA. In my quest to get involved and do things for fun or for others I am starting to cleanse my life of "extras." My first step in this is ending working for my friend's pet sitting business. I felt the need to simplify certain things in my life to allow for more flexibility and free time and that is the first to go (I will also work less at ticket sales for games). I am excited about the time I will have for other activities.

4. Weddings! I watched six friends walk down the aisle this year. All weddings were unique and great fun. I wish them all the best:)

3. Running! Ok, ok, I know, I know- I had this on the list two years ago, and it's not really an exciting thing, but I am continuing to make strides in my running and have registered for my first half-marathon. I hope my enthusiasm and good feelings continue until March!

2. Traveling to Texas! I had a nice, solo visit to my brother's place in Texas. It was a fun trip where I got to see a lot of the Lonestar State and hang with my bro and sis-in-law! Some giant Texas margarita's were also involved.

1. Buying my condo! I love love love my new home and feel like it is a great reflection of who I am at this point in my life. The process was not as smooth as I would have hoped, but it all worked out and has been an affordable investment. It is the perfect size, my neighbors are great, and I LOVE the area. It is close to everything with great restaurants, running routes, shops, movie theaters and parks. I think I'll stay for a while:)

And with that I wish you and your families the Happiest of Holidays...so Happy Hannukah, Happy Kwanza, Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! I am spending my Christmas with my parents and brother, visiting family in Ohio, and celebrating the New Year with friends back in Richmond! I hope 2012 ends for us all with a renewed faith in the beauty of everyday life.

The most sacred place dwells within our heart, where dreams are born and secrets sleep, a mystical refuge of darkness and light, fear and conquest, adventure and discovery, challenge and transformation. Our heart speaks for our soul every moment while we are alive. Listen... as the whispering beat repeats: be...gin, be...gin, be...gin. It's really that simple. Just begin... again.
Royce Addington 

Cheers to a new beginning this year!
Post a Comment