Sunday, December 9, 2012

Weekend Whirlwind!

I love the holidays.

Precisely because of the social gatherings (holidays=an excuse to PARTAY)! I just had a super-busy, but super-fun weekend. Friday night (after a great nap) was game night at a friend's house for her friend's birthday/the holidays. Saturday morning I went on a great 6 mile run down to VCU and back in the mild weather (I actually would prefer it be more seasonal...but oh, well). I had SPCA orientation from 11-1, fed a neighbors cat, came home to clean and then went to a holiday/housewarming party for an old coworker from 4-6 that was a lot of fun. Then I babysat for two boys I watch regularly from 6:30-11:30 and got to help them decorate their tree! It did fall in the middle of the decorating...but I digress (all was fine- the mom and dad admitted they did not secure it well and besides some water on the floor, no major issues- I had already unplugged the lights). Today I baked Christmas cookies after my morning run while I was doing laundry and then went to help my parents set up for their party that went from 4-6. I just love socializing with people! I should be a professional party-goer.

Anyways, THIS is why I love the holidays- even though it can be busy and stressful, you get to see so many different types of people that you don't see as much during the year. I love all the parties and gatherings because they are all around food, friends and beverages:) What's not to love?

Here is to enjoying the remaining weeks of the holiday season (hopefully not to the neglect of our waistlines...I did have two dinners last night)!


Post a Comment