Saturday, January 19, 2013

Rachael/Robyn Ray?

I've come to accept something about myself that I have felt quilty about lately...

I just don't like to cook.


I feel like it has become very trendy and/or necessary for people my age to get into cooking. They look up recipes on pinterest, experiment with food, cook with a loved one and enjoy the deliciousness of their own creation. Well, I pin recipes but never make them, never experiment with food b/c I don't like buying exesive amounts of food that could go bad (single people problems), don't have anyone to cook with (again...single people problems), and rarely taste the different between a microwaved versus homemade meal (palate problems). Therefore, I have come to grips with the fact that cooking is not my forte. I don't enjoy it. It stresses me out. That blender I got to make smoothies? Ya, that's been used ONCE along with the once-a-month used waffle maker and toaster (I never have butter to make toast). I don't like thinking about what to make, having to go to the store every day for specific things, feeling pressured to use the food that I bought before it goes bad, or worrying about having enough time to make something. I can't cook when I am hungry (I eat everything while I am making it), and I get hungry so suddenly that I need something quick and easy. I like to make and eat dinner in about 15-20 minutes. Cleanup included. And now that my saute pans seem to burn easily due to some left over residue, cooking is even faster! Thank you freezers and frozen veggies!


So I am going to let myself off the hook. I am not meant to be a cooker at this point in my life. And that's ok. I am good at other things:) So this "cooking" trend is one I will just have to pass up!
Post a Comment