Friday, February 8, 2013

Epiphany


I have been experiencing a lot of clarity about certain areas of my life recently (I hope this is not a bad omen…like clarity in the times before something horrible happens…), but since you never know how long clarity will last or if you will even remember WHAT THE HECK made so much sense all of the sudden, I thought I would write it down!
  1. I can’t eat or drink crap anymore. Now, I learned pretty much in college that drinking was never my strong suite, but I was able to do and enjoy it without much issue during my 4 years as a Wahoo. However, I literally cannot drink anymore. One or two drinks is about all I can do without negative side effects, and even then, I would rather have Sweet Frog. Sorryimnotsorry. Sad fact, though, is that now I can’t even EAT like crap and feel fine the next day (so long to 2am pizza deliciousness). I now get headaches, feel bloated, and am tired & cranky the day after a food free for all. I guess these effects would go away if I did it more, but I can’t understand how people can get significantly overweight and feel ok. I just feel awful and don’t like doing it. I am all for going out for a big meal and treating myself to desserts, but I simply don’t love gorging myself on crap like I used to.
  2. I would rather just sleep. You want to go out to a bar at 10 PM? I would rather just sleep. My window for doing anything in the evening needs to happen before 8 (earlier on weeknights) or else I won’t do it. When it’s dark, and I am on my couch watching TV or reading a good book, chances are that’s where I am staying. And you know what? I am finally ok with it. I used to feel so guilty when I would say I wanted to/would do something and then change my mind, but now I often just say “maybe” and leave it to depend on how I feel day/night of. And it is glorious. I can’t sleep in anymore anyways, so I really would rather be home on the weekends no later than midnight.
  3. Sometimes having no plans is the best plan. I am a planner to a “P!” I love having things to do and staying busy, but I have found in the New Year that my weekends with no plans in advance actually are very nice. I can do what I want when I want and on my own time. I also am open to more spontaneity, which I enjoy. I think it is part of me trying to live in the moment, and I like it.
  4. I don’t like being rushed to get ready. I can get ready in 25 minutes flat (as I have blogged about before) before work, but the thing is, I don’t like to be rushed anymore. I NEED time to wake up and get my mind ready for the day or for whatever activity I am doing next during the day if it involves showering/changing. Unfortunately, this means me waking up now around 5:45 AM instead of 6:20 AM, but I actually feel better during the day with that extra time. And I have absolutely no problem falling asleep when my head hits the pillow before 10 PM:) Oh how I wish for a slightly later work schedule....say 8-4?!

Have you had any epiphanies lately? Sound out below! And have a GREAT weekend!
Post a Comment