Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Snow Day

In what will undoubtedly be the last snow day of the 2012-2013 school year, I felt the need to document what I do when I unexpectedly get the day off due to rain/sleet/ice/snow. It has definitely changed since when I was a kid!

5:40- Wake up and go to my complex's gym (school's not canceled yet!)


6:30- School gets called while I'm on the elliptical watching the news! Yay!


7:00- Shower

7:15- Fiber One Cereal for breakfast- a luxury as I usually drink a Slimfast at work!


7:30- Plop down on the couch for morning TV viewing and internet surfing


8:30- Nap...it's a tough life b/c I still got up early

9:30- Continue with more TV (mostly news and talk shows) and hair blow-drying. 
*I WOULD have a good hair day when I am not going any where*

11:30- Venture outside to clean off my car and walk with a neighbor to a local pharmacy down the street. COLD and WINDY.

12:00- Lunch of whole wheat peanut butter toast, pretzels, an apple and carrots. 
Healthy fats, grains, carbs, fruits and veggies. #Yum


1:15- Car service shop to get two new tires. Yup, even more money going into my car this winter...lame!! I read a lot of my book while there.

3:30- Once home, I have to clean up water pooling on my passenger side floor with a vaccum and towels. I am hoping this was just from the mechanic working on the car and not a new leak:(

3:45- Laundry due to dirty towels and more TV ("Giuliana and Bill" marathon!)

5:30- Bake a frittata for dinner with broccoli, cheese and egg whites


Mine actually looked like the pic below but SO GOOD and HEALTHY (and a little UVA shout out)!



6:30- Make lunch/dinner for tomorrow (soccer scrimmage after work so I won't be home until 8ish) and lay out clothes

7:00- Watch "This Is 40"

10:00- Bed

Pretty exciting day, huh? I love the ability to nap, catch up on errands/chores and just chill out for a day! It is especially better for me now that I live in the city and the roads are always clear so I can get out and about:) Hopefully, though, my car issues do not continue as I have almost put in $1,000 in the past 3 months!

Post a Comment