Wednesday, May 8, 2013

A Rough Start

No Way, May! has not been good to me! This rain and humidity is messing with my workouts and eating habits. I haven't been able to be outside as much as I like in the afternoons and evenings, which leaves me more time on my couch and closer to my kitchen:) It is also Teacher Appreciation Week, so all my good "Intuitive Eating" intentions are clogged with cookies, cake and other delectable sweets at work! It is a well-known fact that I have no self-control around my sugary friends, so it has been a hard few days at work on top of a delicious weekend of wedding and baby shower food goodness. Ugh!

I am not looking forward to my running break, either. Since my PR on Saturday, all I can think about is running more races before it gets too hot. I have done two morning runs this week to beat the afternoon rain and storms, and both runs have been uncharacteristically fast for me. I have no idea what is going on- if it is because it is light in the morning now or warmer, but I am running a good 2 minutes faster on my 5k route than I did a month ago. This week is a taper week, so I have kept my runs short, but, man, they have been good! I officially have to stop running for my two week break after my Saturday run, so I am hoping I can get in a good 4-5 miler before I leave for the beach that day. I think my mental state next week will not be at my best level, but I am hoping I will get into a "rest" groove and enjoy some walks and a more leisurely schedule. I will also be able to sleep later in the mornings, which I will enjoy! I am probably one of the only people I know who even when she gets 9 hours of sleep is still tired!

Needless to say, my plan may backfire at me, but hopefully this first week of May is not indicative of the whole month. I also do not have many celebrations on tap, so I think once I get into a more consistent groove, I will be good! My summer job should start up soon, which will also keep my afternoons full.

But, does anyone in Richmond want to run the Stratford Hills 8k on June 2nd? It may be the race that keeps me going this month:)


Post a Comment