Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Recent Thoughts

Thoughts from the first few days of June:
  1. Many rich people do not feel the need to throw away trash or put away their things as much as non-rich people. My neighborhood pool growing up had less trash on the pool deck than the country club I am managing.
  2. The heat sucks to run in. I want my cold, dark days and Under Armour back.
  3. When it stays light later, no matter how tired I am, I cannot go to bed until it is dark. However, I still wake up when the sun rises. So less sleep is happening. I am counting the days until June 21st.
  4. Tan lines from a lifeguarding bathing suit are just as annoying as they were in high school.
  5. Speaking of lifeguard suits, I look 16-years-old in mine, which doesn't make my managing credibility look good. Puberty- where did you go?
  6. I still want to be friends with teenagers or college kids I work with. Remember this? I have issues.
  7. I am now the teacher that students want to write in their yearbook. It honestly makes me feel special and that I am making a difference with these kids. I now know how my teachers felt when I asked them to write in mine!
  8. When I think about birthdays and all the fun things you can do on them, all I want to do is go out to eat and get a ridiculously unhealthy delicious dessert. Hey, I'm easy to please!
  9. I am having a sense of reading deja vu, as in, I know I have read the book I am currently reading before, but I still have no idea what is going to happen. So every time I get to a new part, it is like I have experienced it before but still a surprise! (And I am in a crazy reading mood. Like, 600 page book-a-week mood).
  10. I am really excited for reunions at UVA this weekend and seeing so many of my college friends! It will be so nice to be back in good ol' Cville reliving my college days. I already am planning on needing copious amounts of caffeine to stay awake late! Should be a good time:)

Oh, and it's National Running Day! So whether you normally run or are looking for a way to get fit and enjoy the outdoors, go for a run today! I did mine before work as the sun was coming up and there were lots of runners out:).
Post a Comment