Wednesday, June 19, 2013

The End

The student's last day was last Thursday (technically Friday if they needed to make-up an exam) and my last day is tomorrow. I get blessed with an extra 4 day week to clean up course requests and scheduling for next year. I also get the pleasure of calling parents about summer school if students failed classes.

I feel as excited as this kid.

I have been mentally checked out of this school year for about a month now, but especially in the last few weeks. It is hard to believe that I am finishing my 3rd year as a school counselor, but yet sometimes it feels longer! I guess that is how it is with most things.

Next year is promising to be full of changes, many within my school as a whole, but also within my department and potentially with me. I have some opportunities that I should know about soon. It makes the end of this year, while frustrating, also bittersweet and full of the unknown. I feel I will reflect better once I am further away from the year ending, so get ready for that post:). For now, I bid adieu to the 2012-2013 school year. It has been a year of challenges, fun, successes, failures and growth, as is every year in education!

Happy Summer!!!!!
Post a Comment