Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Another wedding, running, and the pool!

I am two weddings away from the end of my 2013 wedding season! This past weekend was the wedding of a high school friend, Nate, and his wife, Nikki!

They got married at a plantation between Richmond and Williamsburg in New Kent. It was an unseasonable cool August evening, so the outdoor setting was great! Also, for those of you who don't believe online dating works, this is my second match.com wedding of the summer:)

Nate!

Groomsmen

Bridesmaids

Nikki

Married!

The reception!

Bff!


Also, I have had a lot of people ask me if I am going to run the Richmond half marathon this November. My answer is simple: I don't know. I am still quite happy with my running time from the Shamrock Half and do not do well on long training runs in summer heat and humidity, so I have not run longer than 5 miles at once since May or so. If I am feeling really good in October I will probably register late, but I will just have to see. It might be nice to run it spontaneously and not worry about training. A run/walk half marathon could be fun in the fall temperatures:) This summer I have mainly focused on my total monthly mileage (which is often from more, shorter runs during the week) rather than long runs. I am excited for cooler temps and longer weekend runs! My 5:40 AM runs now that work is back in session are still awfully hot and uncomfortable, but I do appreciate that the sun is (almost) up! Unlike in the winter...

And for those who also care, I only have 7 shifts left at the pool:) I work tomorrow through Monday (Labor Day) and then we are open the next two weekends in September, but I only work on those Sundays. I am so ready to be done but have appreciated the extra money!
Have a great end of August!
Post a Comment