Saturday, August 17, 2013

End of Summer

I am out of town this weekend celebrating my bro's wedding in Northern Virginia (post forthcoming), and it is a fitting way to end my summer. I go back to work full-time at school on Monday. It will be my 4th year!

I interviewed for a few other jobs at the end of the school year and into the summer, and while a very promising development had me excited for a new opportunity, the stars did not align and I did not move schools or jobs. I have come to terms with not being able to move, and with some new administrators and a new office, I am hopeful for a good and different year.

The beginning of the school year is always busy and stressful- even more so with the fact that I am still managing at the pool after work and on weekends until Labor Day- but it goes by fast. A few years of practice with scheduling, enrolling new students, school procedures, ect also helps!

BUT it was a great summer, and I will be sad to say good-bye to my lazy days on August 19th. Even though I worked all summer and traveled and went to A LOT of weddings (never fear- those aren't done until October), I overall enjoyed my time away from school. I think having summers off is the most perfect job related schedule in the world! Coming back refreshed is definitely important to not getting burned out.

Cheers to the 2013-2014 school year!

Post a Comment