Sunday, August 4, 2013

Lately

I feel like so much of what I have been posting this summer has had to do with vacations or weddings, but lately I do not have much of that to report. The past week and next week or so are filled of typical summer activities at home: working at the pool, laying out, running, reading, watching TV and spending time with friends. I am not complaining, it just does not warrant any really cool blog posts!

Working at the pool: Assistant managing at a country club this summer has been the perfect summer job. I live about 4 miles from the pool, so I can get there in 5 minutes. It is only about 20-30 hours a week, and I have even been able to pick up extra shifts when I want more hours working at the front desk. It is great money, easy work, with nice coworkers, and I get to keep working on my tan! I am planning to keep this job for next summer. The hard times are coming up, though, when I start back at my school AND have to work until the pool closes on Labor Day, but it will be over before I know it (I hope!).

I work here!
Laying out: In case you don't remember, my condo complex has an awesome pool. It is so convenient to wake up, run and lay out before it gets too hot for an hour or so! Yes, I am damaging my skin, but I can't help it! This will end once I go back to work in two weeks.

I live here!
Running: Running has been up and down this summer. I have so much free time (especially in the mornings) that I feel like I should be running most every day, so I haven't given myself much of a break. The heat and humidity was pretty awful at the end of June and the majority of July, but recently the temperatures have been wonderful in the morning. I typically stick to 3-4 miles each run since I am not training for anything, but I will pick up the mileage once the temperatures cool even more (the 50's are my optimal temp). I also like running a little less because it doesn't make me ravenous like the higher miles do.

Running up to our beach house!
Reading: If you look to the "2013 in Books" section on the right of the page you know I read a lot. I have read even more this summer. I average a book every 2-3 days, sometimes 1 each day (like yesterday). Due to popular demand from friends, books I highly recommend from this summer are: "Table for Five" by Susan Wiggs, "Good Grief" by Lolly Winston, "Bulls Island" by Dorthea Benton Frank, "The Island" by Elin Hilderbrand, "Sleeing Beauty" by Phillip Margolin (GREAT mystery), "Stay Close" by Harlan Coben (thriller/suspense/mystery) and "The Good Woman" by Jane Porter (I really like Jane Porter and am reading another one currently that I will recommend). As for this whole year, please read "Unbroken" by Laura Hillenbrand and "The Paris Wife" by Paula McLain. I hope that helps your book list! Message me for details on any of those- most are beach/chic lit, but a few are not.

READ IT!
Watching TV: My current TV watchings are "Orange is the New Black", "Bachelorette", "Tia and Tamera," "Giuliana & Bill" and, of course, 'House Hunters" and the morning news/talk shows! I actually like not having any major shows on in the summer...sometimes it can make the year stressful when I feel like I am getting behind in all my shows! Luckily, I don't watch too many series anymore, so it's not too bad.

Watch it!
Friends: I just have awesome friends:)! I am thankful for each and every one of you! Even though my life can be pretty "lame" at some points (bed at 10:30, up at 7 most every day), and not much drinking/partying except at weddings, college weekends, or bachelorette shenanigans, I am thankful to share the ups and downs of life with so many special people, who appreciate and tolerate me and all my quirks:)! I do not waste spending time with people I don't like any more (hence an early evening last night so I could watch "Orange is the New Black" on Netflix over finishing hanging out with a group of people), so my friends mean even more to me! I think as you get older you realize who you are and what you like, so I truly only spend time with people I care about and enjoy being around. THANK YOU!

And that has been lately:)!
Post a Comment