Friday, October 18, 2013

Running=Endorphins

For some reason this week my moods have been all over the place.

I go from being happy to annoyed to stressed in a matter of a morning. I don't know what the cause is (probably eating less carbs...womp womp), but I am not liking it!

The one thing that has helped this whole week has been running. I have had a runners high every day because my runs have been awesome. They are the only thing that has leveled my moods. And more so than usual.

On Monday I ran 5 miles outside when the sun was (finally!) out and then 2 more at the gym. Tuesday I was super sore (I need to calm down and gradually get my distances back up), but I did a 3.1 mile loop to loosen up my joints before a UVA Club of Richmond happy hour (which helped my mood as well- those of you who don't live in Richmond need to visit just to go to this awesome bar, Legends, overlooking the river and city). 


Wednesday was my best day, because my friend Jess and I met up after she got off work for an evening, slow 5.2 mile run. That run felt AMAZING. I love a long, slow run with lots of friend catch-up time! This morning I even surprised myself and after a late wiffleball game last night (yo', I didn't go to bed until 10:30!), I got up at 5:30 AM and went on a crisp 3.5 mile run before work. It. Was. Awesome. I don't always love early morning runs, but the temperature was perfect and my legs felt so good. It probably had to do with the fact that I had wine and a brownie sundae as my dinner last night, too. I really do love carbs. And sugar.

This is my favorite time of year to run because of the leaves turning and the temps dropping. I also get much more reinvigorated from my runs when I feel better doing them. There is nothing like the runners high and endorphins from a great run, which is something that doesn't happen as much when the temps are hot and humid.

That is all:) Happy Friday! Here's to hoping we all have a weekend of better moods!
Post a Comment