Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Travel > Running

Ladies and gentleman, I know you were worried and wondering, awaiting anxiously to find out if I would be running the Richmond Half on November 16th (due to my official poll on Facebook, I know it's been on your mind), and the answer is....


NO!


Because you know what I am going to do instead?! I am traveling. My favorite thing EVER!!! I am taking a few weekend trips between now and then, so I decided to have fun and not train. If I am not in town most weekends it makes getting those long runs in much harder. I feel good about my decision! I am going to watch the marathon from my street corner and hopefully join in with my friend to help encourage/pace her instead. I also gotta say, spending hundreds of dollars on plane tickets is MUCH more exciting than spending that money on registering for races:) Those dang things are not cheap! Today I booked a ticket for a trip to Austin in December, and I am going out of town this weekend and the first weekend in November. Yay! Work has been crazy lately (and sad...sometimes being a high school counselor involves dealing with some sad situations), so I am really itching to get a mental/life break.  I am even excited about going to the foresaken Hokie land...aka Blacksburg... this weekend for a football game. This Wahoo must need a break!


However, one thing I do not like about traveling is how stressed I get before the trip because I am trying to plan everything for not only the trip itself, but for when I get back. I like to have all my grocery shopping and cleaning done before I leave for a trip so I don't have to stress about it when I get back late on a Sunday night. I also always think I won't have time to exercise when I am away (though I most always do), so I cram all my workouts into the week before that is already crazy. Ugh! I hate this about myself. I end up getting anxious the whole week before I go away thinking that there are all these things I need to get done, when in reality I would survive doing them the day or day after I get back. And not running for one weekend won't kill me (side note: I know this, but I just took two weeks off running, so I am cramming it all into these rain-filled days at 5:30 in the morning). Anyone out these feel this same way? 


Bueller...Bueller?


And then to end this post on an inspirational and related note, this great video from youtube. Because traveling is what I love doing, and my job is one that may not pay a lot of money, but gives me to time to do what I love.




Have a great HUMP day (or rainy day for those in VA)!
Post a Comment