Friday, November 15, 2013

No Processed: Update

Ok folks, we're halfway through November, so it's time for an update!

I have done pretty well on my challenge for the month! Mainly, I have been cooking so much more and eating less sugar (besides at work...grrr). I still have eaten candy bars and gone out to dinner, but most of everything I have made myself follows all the rules.

It has been easy overall and I like that I don't worry so much about how much of this or that is in the foods but instead the ingredients. It makes eating much simpler, I listen more to my body, and I feel better. My energy has gone up along with my mood!

I have made homemade pizza twice, two crock pot chicken dinners (each of which last me 4 meals or so), quinoa, pancakes, bread, smoothies, overnight oatmeal, and various forms of spaghetti squash (a la spaghetti and as a baked dish). I still have my crystal light "cheat" beverage but have only had one soda and am mostly drinking water. I eat dates and larabars for my desserts at home instead of cookies and ice cream...but I still enjoy fro yo on occasion:) My fuel for long runs are dates and gatorade (which is technically processed but is mostly sugar water), and I limit those as well.

Overall, I probably follow the rules 70 percent of the time. Hopefully for the next part of the month this will get even better!
Post a Comment