Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Thanksgiving!

Hello, friends and fam and Happy Thanksgiving!



It has been very raining and cold the past day or so in Virginia, but I am looking forward to a sunny and chilly day tomorrow! I am also thankful not to be traveling in this mess. 

I am running the University of Richmond Turkey Trot 10k again tomorrow morning like I did last year, but sadly it will be by myself. My friends and family waited too long to register and the popular race sold out! Luckily, I lured my dad to accompany me to the race since a very nice Starbucks is nearby and he can do his walk while I run. Since I know how hilly the course is, I come in with the expectation of not earning a PR this year but to beat my last year time (I got around an hour last year). Since I have since completed two half marathons (with great 10k splits), I should be able to do it if my legs feel good tomorrow. You never know, though, how you will feel on race morning, so we shall see! At the very least, I will enjoy a beautiful rain-free morning that will make me work for all the delicious food I will be eating later! This is the first year friends are also coming over for dinner at our house, so it should be fun!

Safe travels and Happy Thanksgiving (and Hannukah) to all! And please don't shop until Friday- enjoy the day as it is meant to be- with friends and family. Don't contribute to the culture of people having to work on Thanksgiving (coming from the retail and restaurant industry, the day of Thanksgiving was once sacred)! Stay home, eat food and enjoy the company of others- the real world and rush of the holidays can wait a day:)

Post a Comment