Friday, March 14, 2014

Shamrockin'

Hi friends!

Running makes me so HUNGRY!:)
Damn you Instagram and my new job for keeping my blogging scant this month! I will try to change this.

I have my 3rd half marathon this weekend- the Virginia Beach Shamrock Half! I am leaving tomorrow to go to Virginia Beach to stay with my friend, Nicole, her husband, Daniel, and cute baby Andrew. Wish me luck! Training has been good, and I feel good. I really should have gotten new shoes before this race, so I am having some slight aches from my old shoes, but I should be ok for the race. I don't expect a PR since I did so well in November (honestly, I don't know how I pulled that off), but I hope to beat my time from this same race last year. All depends on the weather and how I feel day of. Looking to be in the 40's and breezy but a very flat course along the ocean:)!

Besides adjusting to this awful daylight savings schedule (for those of us who get up at 6 AM, being dark until after 7 AM is not ok), I have begun volunteering for two organizations (YAY FOR COMPLETING MY NEW YEARS RESOLUTION!). I am an ambassador (aka volunteer coordinator) for RVA Earth Day on April 26th (an all day festival benefiting FeedRVA, a non profit organization for food education). This involves recruitment and overseeing the event on the day. I also have taken a more active role in VCU Massey Cancer Center. I am running in honor of the center for the Monument 10k and am also manning a booth during the race expo. I met the volunteer coordinator and am now on her list serve, so I expect even more events to come:). I am enjoying getting more involved.

So that is it for now. Race recap to come!
Post a Comment