Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Happiness is a Beach

We are in the midst of summer! Isn't it great?!

I am all about summertime (besides the heat and humidity) because it means one thing to me: TRAVELING!

This is my first summer having to work full-time at my "real" job (aka not the pool) and so far it hasn't been too bad because I haven't yet worked a full week:). The end of July is gonna suck realllll bad when I am done with travel plans. Working Monday-Thursday for ten hours a day does get long, but I do love the three-day weekends. Can we just work one day less on a regular basis forever?

Over the 4th of July week, I booked a cute house in Duck (Outer Banks) because my parents were invited to stay with friends, and they aren't allowed to go there without me. So I invited friends and family to come join! It was great, and despite that tiny little hurricane Arthur that came through in the early morning hours of July 4th, the weather was GREAT. I am all about seven beach days in a row!


Our cute house, Stargazer

Me and the sis-in-law!

I want to point out my great post-run look, including the awesome sunglasses tan line on my nose.

I read three books, including this one!

“I will never, ever regret the things I've done. Because most days, all you have are places in your memory that you can go to.” 


Can nature be any more beautiful?

Maybe it can....DUCK DONUTS!

This was just hours before the hurricane hit...you would never know it was coming!

Morning after Arthur on the sound- a little flooding!

P.E.R.F.E.C.T.I.O.N.

It was a great, relaxing week! The Walsh trip to Greece is just a few days away:)

Post a Comment