Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Speaking of...Wednesday Randoms

I am having trouble forming coherent thoughts tonight, so you are getting a few little windows into my world/brain/don't judge me based on these.

- Forrest Gump is on TV right now, and I think so many great life lessons can be learned (some even counseling related) from it. For instance, don't give up on people, find joy in any situation, let go of your past, and you can quit your job for a year and just run and be famous...maybe this means my dream of being a full-time famous blogger can come true?



- I love fall. Being outside at dusk with the cool air, leaves changing, and smell of burning wood is one of life's pleasures. Along with boots. Those are fun, too.

- Speaking of fall, I am loving all the new TV shows coming out this week! Even though I don't watch much TV during the week, it is nice to wind down with some fresh shows. 19 Kids and Counting, anyone?!


- Running is great in the fall! I ran 5 miles after class on Tuesday and it was great! I am going to try to run one night after class each week (either Tuesday or Wednesday) so I don't have to get up before work on those days to run. I am enjoying sleeping in more in the mornings and my runs after work and after class have been great! Wellness plan is in check:)

- Speaking of wellness, I pretty much eat the same thing every week and do not get tired of it, which I feel is also odd. Breakfast: Oatmeal. Lunch: Peanut Butter and Jelly, pretzels and trail mix or yogurt. Snacks: Various granola/cereal items. Dinner: Organic pizza or a rice/pasta stir fry. I should probably eat more fruits and vegetables, but I just really like carbs and sweets. Gotta pick your battles. Life is short.


- I have been thinking a lot about the missing UVA student, Hannah Graham, since I went to UVA and know exactly where she was when everything happened. I am so thankful that my friends and I kept and eye out for one another, but I also know it was luck that things like that never happened to any of us because we were not perfect. Thinking of her and the UVA community and my own friends a lot this week. You just never know what can happen.

HOOOOOS
- Speaking of college, I really enjoy writing papers. Isn't that odd?! I was starting to write a paper today and I thoroughly enjoyed every minute. Even though I am no where near done, I felt so productive and it was so nice to use my brain in a different way than I do in the day-to-day at work. I will probably be eating my words later now that I said this though!

-  I am going to the beach this weekend! Since I was sick last week, I rescheduled my beach trip for this weekend. The weather is looking great, and I am excited to catch up with my friend and enjoy some last-minute sunshine on the beach!


- I have realized lately I don't take many pictures anymore. Guess not as many exciting things are going on?! Or maybe I am less self-absorbed...you can decide!

- Speaking of....life?...TGI...almost Thursday!

#FTW


Post a Comment