Thursday, October 9, 2014

Counselor Moment

Quick hello from Birmingham, Alabama! I arrived here bright and early at 8:30 AM this morning (that's right- left Richmond at 5:53 AM...got up at 4:15!) and am now chilling in my hotel room. I am here until Saturday for a SACES (Southern Association for Counselor Education and Supervision) conference for (PhD) school. I also really need to update you all on how school is going! I probably will do that this weekend after the conference.

Anyways, women talking about their body "imperfections" and "needing to lose weight" has really been bothering me for the past few weeks. It's been a common theme at work and with friends and makes me so frustrated! I found a great video that I wanted to share for you all to keep in mind.



Keep this in mind, ladies! Promote positive body image with your friends!

What do you say when people talk negatively about themselves? 

How do you promote a positive body image?

Post a Comment