Monday, October 20, 2014

The Millman's

Happy Monday!

I had a great time in NYC this weekend at the Millman wedding and exploring on my own and with friends! I feel like I got a good sense of what living in the city would be like since I was staying by myself in my friend's apartment, and it was enjoyable! They live in an area I like and could afford, whereas the areas I REALLY like are much more expensive:)

I walked around Times' Square and Rockefeller Plaza on Friday night and grabbed dinner to go (I totally see how people always eat out in NYC- so many great options close by!)

Gotta see my favorite area!
Saturday morning I went on a run around Gramercy, Alphabet City, Stuyvesant Village (cool area!) and the East Side. Temps were great! Then I met up with Sarah and Zack and their uncle David for lunch at Katz's Deli (from 'When Harry Met Sally") and we walked around the West Village, Hudson Square, Greenwich Village, NYU, and Chelsea. I love the lower side of Manhattan.

Gramercy Park
Katz's Deli!
View from NYU of Freedom Tower
Washington Square Park!
Gorgeous Day
The wedding was at 6 on Saturday evening, and it was great! We got served champagne before the ceremony and it was a great set-up of a cocktail hour, dinner and dancing! I went home exhausted and more than a bit intoxicated:) The apartment was only 5 blocks from the wedding, so an easy walk!

Zack and Sarah!
Before the ceremony
She's married!
Sarah and I and the White's!
Great couple!
Happy girl:)

I concluded my stay with a brief run on Sunday before heading out on the train at noon. I got back into Richmond around 6 and had time to get myself ready for the start of the week:) I love traveling by myself, and now have a few more trip ideas up my sleeve:)

Congrats to Emily and Michael!
Post a Comment