Sunday, November 30, 2014

Weekly Workouts (11/24-11/30) & Cincy Turkey Trot

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I enjoyed my time in Ohio with family and away from blogs and social media! It makes me want to step back a little on my blog reading and social media participating...life is great to be lived :)

This was my last week before marathon training begins (and included my first race since May)! I enjoyed all my runs and loved running in new areas in Ohio and with my brother(s).

Monday: 40 minute elliptical (abs)

Tuesday: 4.05 miles @ 9:52 before work (weights)

Wednesday: Off (travel day!)

Thursday: 6.2 miles @ 8:56 (Cincinnati Turkey Trot 10k) (abs)

This was a freezing race (upper 20's, windy and cloudy). We had to wait by the stadium for about 30 minutes in the cold for the start. That really sucked. Once the race started (over 17,000 people took a while to get going!) I felt fine, and it was a GREAT route, albeit hilly, and the whole family had fun. This also went across a bunch of bridges, which caused some of the hills (and we even went into Kentucky)!-> that was the first time I have crossed state lines during.This was a much different Turkey Trot than the small race I am used to, but was a great way to explore a city I don't know much about. It was super crowded, and I had to dodge walkers for the first two miles, so my time wasn't a PR, but not too shabby, either! Definitely earned my turkey this year!

Running up a hill on Vine Street at the start.

City in the distance.

Final time (per my watch).

First time seeing the Bengals stadium!

Warming up and all smiles back at the hotel after the race.

Friday: 3.1 miles @ 9:17 (arms)-> SORE today. Nice Cincinnati neighborhoods.

Saturday: 7 miles @ 9:11 (ran through OSU with the tailgaters for their big game vs. Michigan with my brother) (abs)

Sunday: 2.15 mile walk before car ride back from Columbus!

I felt pretty sore after the race on Thursday, but I do feel strong and am excited to start increasing my mileage! Have a great week easing back from the lovely break :)


Post a Comment