Sunday, December 7, 2014

Shamrock Marathon Training Week 1

Marathon training has begun! I had a GREAT first week! Of course, this is only the beginning...but I am loving the routine of training thus far :)

Monday: 3.55 miles @ 9:16 (before work-> weights)

Tuesday: 45 minute elliptical (abs)

Wednesday: 4.1 mile walk at work + before class (weights)

Thursday: 5 miles @ 9:12 (before work-> abs)

Friday: 4.2 mile walk at work (we got to leave work early as a treat :))

Saturday: 8.2 miles @ 9:03 (this was a SPEEDY training run...I need to watch it in the future but my friend and I went out fast and just kept with it since it was a shorter run-> weights)

New routine- Starbucks after my Saturday training runs! This week a Venti Skinny Peppermint Mocha.
Best recovery drink EVER!

Sunday: 6 miles @ 9: 13 (abs). My hamstrings were pretty sore from the fast run Saturday, but I am really going to try to stick to the long recovery runs my training plan has in place on Sundays for as long as I can.

Total: 22.75 running + 8.3 walking (I am logging my walking so that when my mileage gets higher I can use walking in substitution of runs when I am sore).

I am starting to slowly increase my carb intake and focus on properly fueling for my long runs (with recovery food as well). When I go to the store today I am going to stock up on more larabars (I use these as fuel during long runs), trail mix, bananas and gels (to try out).

It was a good first week! Have a great week-> T-10 days until winter break for me:)!

Post a Comment