Sunday, January 11, 2015

Shamrock Marathon Training Week 6

Life is getting back to normal! I had a busy week at work (during the next three weeks I am recruiting for courses at my school at the area high schools) that involved a lot of standing and energy, so my energy after work is not at it's normal levels. Old man winter is not making early morning runs very pleasing, either! Luckily, I had two awesome sunset runs on Monday and Tuesday that were gorgeous.

Monday: 5.5 miles @ 9:16 (abs)

Tuesday: 7 miles @ 9:34 (weights)

Wednesday: 30 minutes elliptical (abs)

Thursday: 4 treadmill miles @ 9:30 (this was the morning where it was 8 degrees outside-> weights)

Friday: 35 minutes elliptical (abs)

Saturday: 15 miles @ 9:25 (This was a 20 degree run...I actually was warmer when we started then when we ended due to sweat making me COLD. I'll take 20 degrees over 8, though!)

BOOM! Longest run ever- 15 in the FREEZING. 
My water froze in the car during my run! You know it's cold when that happens!
I had on leggings under my pants, a shirt under my THICK top, a great Under Armour headband, and thick gloves. I was still cold and everything bulked up around my stomach, so I wasn't looking my best!

Sunday: 5 miles @ 9:12 (weights)

Total: 36.5 miles

I am excited for a drop back week next week AND a 15k race for fun! Weather in Virginia looks interesting the first half of the week, so I may need to make some adjustments.
Post a Comment