Sunday, January 18, 2015

Shamrock Marathon Training Week 7

I realized this week that I am now single digit weeks away from the marathon! Eeek! We had some ice this week but it came on my days of lesser mileage, so the treadmill was do-able. My long weekday runs were easily fit in with decent weather- just a lot of grey days! It was nice mentally to have a drop back week, but I definitely noticed my exhaustion levels creeping up in the evenings. I need LOTS of sleep now...8 hours isn't enough...I can easily sleep 9!

Monday: 40 minutes elliptical (abs)

Tuesday: 7.1 miles @ 9:17 (weights)

Wednesday: 3.5 treadmill miles on an "ice" day-> didn't even keep time because I hated it so much (abs)

Thursday: 4 treadmill miles @ 9:45 (better than Wednesday but I still hate it...am I the only one who runs SO MUCH SLOWER on the treadmill?!-> weights)

Friday: 7.6 miles @ 9:11 (substituted my rest day this week for this day and split part of my long run up due to my race on Sunday-> abs)

Saturday: Off! I did chores and ran errands to lessen my temptations to work out.

Sunday: Frostbite 15k in 1:20:54 (PR- because it is my ownly!). The course had a detour due to high water so the race ended up being 9.5 miles. It was RAINY! But not as cold (40's). Good practice for the marathon since you never know what the weather will be like! I laughed in the middle when it was down pouring because it was just ridiculous. My whole body was soaked to the core. Surprisingly, my visor kept all water off my face so that was good!

This is my "I-just-ran-in-a-freaking-monsoon" face. You can't see how wet my hair is, but it was soaked. My jacket was next to me forming a puddle on the passenger seat.

RAIN!

Total: 31.7 miles

Weather looks more cooperative next week. It's crazy how we went from freezing to ice to a monsoon in about 5 days. Oh, Virginia!


Post a Comment