Sunday, January 25, 2015

Shamrock Marathon Training Week 8

Halfway there! It was a decent week weather wise but had the potential of being pretty bad for my long run Saturday. Luckily the rain hit hard overnight, and we just ran in a light drizzle! All my runs during the week were before work at 5:30 AM. It is not my favorite time to run, but I do LOVE having it over with and there being minimal traffic. Going to bed early has been tough lately, though!

Monday: 40 minutes elliptical (abs)

Tuesday: 7 miles @ 9:17 (weights)

Wednesday: 4.3 miles @ 9:18 (abs)

Thursday: 5 miles @ 8:57-> this run felt awesome! (weights)

Friday: Off! Still made sure to get in my 10,000 steps (abs)

Saturday: 16 miles @ 9:28. This run was overall good and a good route. It was cloudy and about 35 degrees under some light drizzle (much better than expected). I ran with a friend until mile 8 and then struck out at a faster pace on my own. The second half was closer to a 9:10/minute mile, but my legs felt heavy once I hit 14 miles. My stiffness is starting later each time I run, though, which is good!

Displaying IMG_0650.JPG
Happy to be finished!

Recovery donuts from Sugar Shack! YUM!


Sunday: 5 miles @ 8:59 (This run felt surprisingly great after the long run of Saturday!)

Total: 37.3 miles

Have a great week! How were your runs this week?
Post a Comment