Wednesday, February 18, 2015

February Facts

Here are some random facts about me the last few weeks...
  1. You know you're on a snow day when it is Wednesday and you haven't washed your hair since Saturday (I will wash it today, I promise)!
  2. My thoughts on "you know you're training for a marathon when..."
    • Any run under a half marathon (13.1 miles) is considered a "drop-back/easy" run .
    • You are always tired and can sleep for about 10 hours every night. I am in bed before 10 PM most every night. Even weekends.
    • You eat an average of 2500 calories a day...and sometimes more! 
    • You're always hungry....like ALWAYS. It's ridiculous.
    • Your grocery bill has increased exponentially.
    • Icing and stretching certain body parts is a normal part of your evening.
    • You run outside in teens and single digits and don't think it is "THAT bad!" but yet you won't go out and play in the snow.
    • You stalk the weather each week to make sure you can get your runs in.
    • Speaking of snow- these snow days better not ruin my long run plans!
    • Injuries?! What injuries?! I have trained this long I am not letting a little pain derail my plans!
    • You can't wait to not have to run for 2+ hours on Saturday mornings...:)
  3. I am currently on Season 2 of Scandal on Netflix. I haven't made up my mind yet on if I think it is as good as what everyone says. I'll let you know!
  4. I loved the Jeopardy skit on SNL's 40th anniversary special- what was everyone else's favorite?
  5. 19 Kids and Counting is back! You know that's what I will be doing on Tuesday nights again.
  6. I love watching our local NBC12 station with all this winter weather- I feel like they keep me safe!
  7. My mom and I booked out flights and Airbnb rentals for our trip to Vancouver, Seattle and Alaska this summer! I am excited. Now I need to work on my trip plans for my friend Brandy's wedding in April. Yes, I work further in advance first...
  8. I just realized VCU has it's spring break in only 2 weeks- WHAT?! College spring breaks are so early. Too bad it isn't the same dates as my works break!
  9. I also need to update you all on PhD stuff...it's coming.
  10. Go Wahoos! I am hopeful to go to a UVa game before the season ends if weather cooperates!
I leave you all with a funny video:) How is your February going?



Post a Comment