Sunday, February 8, 2015

Shamrock Marathon Training Week 10

Week ten! Hard to believe mileage is getting so high and the marathon is in sight! I thoroughly enjoyed my drop back week and felt MUCH better on Saturday after taking an extra day off running this week- I think 4 running days a week with mileage this high might be my sweet spot!

Monday: 50 minutes elliptical (abs)

Tuesday: 8.5 miles @ 9:23 (weights)

Wednesday: 4.5 miles @ 9:33 (abs)

Thursday: 50 minute elliptical (weights)

Friday: Off! Still made sure to get in my 10,000 steps (abs)

Saturday: 12 miles @ 9:17-> This run felt AWESOME! What a difference a few weeks makes in terms of my first 12 versus this one. No stiff muscles or knees and my last 4 miles were sub 9 minutes! I started off slow in case my hip was still sore. I ran with the half training team and added on 4 miles- they were a great group! I may run with them more and add on the additional mileage I need depending on the week. I also never took a picture of myself this week- I think you'll live!

Sunday: 6.55  miles @ 9:08 -> I wanted to run for a full hour since Saturday's run felt so good and I wasn't sore at all (arms)

Totals: 31.55

What do you think your running "sweet spot" is? I am thinking when I am done training, 20-25 miles a week might be mine! Not too much to get injured and plenty to maintain my running fitness (while also keeping my sanity/not running my life!).
Post a Comment