Sunday, February 15, 2015

Shamrock Marathon Training Week 11

It is hard to believe only one more increased distance "long" run separates me and marathon day! The three other weeks are drop backs!!! I am hopeful my body repairs itself during the drop back weeks from all this torture training that is leaving me with some aches and pains (mainly in my hip).

Monday: 50 minutes elliptical (abs)

Tuesday: 9.1 miles @ 9:10-> Hip pain from miles 7.5-8 that then went away?! I don't understand this issue, but I am icing it and taking Tylenol! (weights)

Wednesday: 4 miles @ 8:57-> SPEEDY. I think the weather helped this run, and I had to make it to class right after! (abs)

Thursday: 5 miles @ 9:08 (weights)

Friday: Off! Still made sure to get in my 10,000 steps (abs)

Saturday: 19 miles @ 9:11. FAST run. I was scheduled for 18 but decided once I got to 17 that I would do an extra mile since I wanted to run longer than I had before. I felt great for the first 2 hours and then my hip/butt started bothering me about mile 15. I am getting better at icing and stretching due to this pain...I only hope it doesn't get worse and that the drop back weeks help it heal. My PT friend thinks she knows what it is and really the only solution is stretching, rest and maybe new shoes. I don't want to get new shoes so close to my race, but if I have time tomorrow (I have the day off) I may get a gait analysis to see if there is anything I can do.

DONE! Bundled up for 19 in the cold!

Sunday: 45 minutes elliptical (weights)-> I would have run but winds were gusting at 40+ mph and there was a wind chill of -3 outside. I was not feeling a treadmill run, so I figured switching up and crosstraining was probably better anyway since I was sore from the long run.

Totals: 37.1

It is looking like a lot of cold days and winter weather this week, so I am thankful for a drop-back week again. I might take it easy during the crazy weather to make sure my hip is ok before the big 40 mile week! Again, I think 4 days of running at this high of mileage might be the best for me.


Post a Comment