Sunday, February 1, 2015

Shamrock Marathon Training Week 9

Whew! This training is getting tiring. I tell ya- that 16 mile run last week left me sore until Tuesday. The higher mileage is tough! I am thankful for an upcoming drop back week to rest and heal my muscles/joints!

Monday: 40 minutes elliptical (abs)

Tuesday: 8 miles @ 9:08 (weights)

Wednesday: 3.1 miles on the treadmill (abs) -> slight pain developed in my upper side thigh...made me a little nervous

Thursday: 5 miles @ 9:18 (weights) -> still had slight pain (probably a 2-3 on a 10 point pain scale)

Friday: Off! Still made sure to get in my 10,000 steps (abs)

Saturday: 18 miles @ 9:36. This run was super hilly from miles 6-11, so that part was tough. Once we were through the hills I felt pretty good. Not as much end pain as last week, which is good! My hip also felt good. It was cold though- 20 degrees or so. I dressed well and was only cold at the water stops.


I want to point out how I love under armour headbands and their warmth but how they are not attractive on me. At. All.

Not too shabby- hills hurt our pace but we sped up at the end.

See I can clean up nice! Too bad UVA lost:(
Sunday: 5 miles @ 9:21 (weights)-> I felt much better this week on Sunday than last week! Yay!

Total: 39.1 miles


Have a great week! How were your runs this week?
Post a Comment