Monday, May 18, 2015

Weekly Workouts (5/4- 5/17)

I realized that with no classes in the evenings for this two week stretch, and since I am not training for anything currently, I had more time and desire to go on walks. I do not consider walking a "workout," but I do consider it exercise. Does that make sense? So even on "rest" days I walk (I aim for at least 10,000 steps everyday and usually more), and I have decided to include those walks on my logs.

I also decided to take a full week off during this stretch. I was having some knee pain and my right lower leg tendon issue has still been occurring. While my aches weren't getting worse, they weren't really getting better either. I should have taken time off after the marathon because running hasnt felt as good since then. A week off is mentally hard, but I enjoyed fast walks and reading on the elliptical, and it actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be! I got some FAST walking in (13:20 min/miles)! Walking is no joke:)

5/4- 5/10

Monday: Rest (travel day) + 2.5 mile walk

Tuesday: 3.6 miles @ 9:37 + 3 mile walk + weights

Wednesday: 40 minute elliptical + 2.25 mile walk + abs

Thursday: 4.1 miles @ 9:08 + 2.5 mile walk + weights

Friday: 3.1 miles @ 9:40 + abs

Saturday: 45 minutes elliptical + 2.1 mile walk -> beginning of week running break

Sunday: 5.5 mile walk + weights

Total: 10.8 miles running + 17.85 walking

5/11- 5/17

Monday: 45 minute elliptical + 2.5 mile walk + abs

Tuesday: 4 mile walk + weights -> HOT! 90's and humid...ugh. I already hate summer.

Wednesday: 35 minutes elliptical + 3.2 mile walk + abs

Thursday: 6.15 mile walk + arms

Friday: Total rest day:)

Saturday: 6.35 miles @  9:27 + abs-> BACK AT IT! Proud of myself for a full week off:)

Sunday: 4 miles @ 9:23 + weights

Total: 10.35 miles running 15.85 miles walking
Post a Comment