Wednesday, May 27, 2015

What I Ate Wednesday

I never do a WIAW post, but I randomly decided to take pictures of my food to show you all today just for the heck of it. Super exciting, right?

Image result for what i ate wednesday

I had a great long weekend in Cincinnati, Ohio celebrating my grandmother's 95th (!) birthday, and all my aunts, uncles, cousins, and cousins' kids were there. I would say about 50+ people came to celebrate (this side of the family is big-> I have 18 cousins alone) and it was so nice catching up with everyone! We only all get together once every few years at weddings or family reunions since people are all over the country, so it is always fun to catch up. I barely took ANY pictures because I just didn't think about it, so I don't have much to post, but hopefully some other people can send me the big one we took of the whole group. Anyways, we did a lot of chatting, eating and drinking, so I was excited to get back to the normalcy of food yesterday!

The theme of my eating is "stages" as I graze through my food all day, only going about 1-2 hours between eating:)

I always have two cups of coffee (and my favorite all-natural creamer) and Special K with Protein (Cinnamon) when I get to work at about 7:15.


Around 8:30 I had an apple with sunflower seed butter.


As you can tell, I eat breakfast in stages, because I finished up around 10:00 with my favorite yogurt! This flavor is soooooooo good.


Lunch at 11:30 was my usual baked sweet potato bites, eggs, trail mix and honey wheat pretzels. I tell ya- food prepping baked sweet potatoes in the warmer months stinks because my kitchen gets so hot from setting it at 425 for about an hour! It was a sauna on Monday night.

Image result for sweet potato and eggs

I ate a snack of carrots and a protein bar before I left at 3:00.

Dinner was on the go since I was teaching from 4-8:15. I cooked a organic feta and spinach pizza Monday night and packaged it up for my two nights of late classes. I usually eat during break around 5:30. And my normal dessert of dark chocolate! Everything was put in plastic wrap, so I will give you prettier pictures of the items I found on the internet!


Image result for endangered species dark chocolate

Yesterday totaled about 1900 calories, which is a good spot for me with the amount I have been running (yesterday I ran 4 miles). I usually eat between 1800 and 2200, with 2000 being my average. Anything lower and I am super-hungry. This may be a lot for some people, but with my running and activity level this is a good spot for me. I don't feel full all day but I am satiated and feel good fuel-wise on my runs. I hate being hungry!

What do your days look like food-wise? Do you eat the same things everyday like me? :)

Post a Comment