Wednesday, June 10, 2015

29 Awesome Things from my 29 Years

Hey! It's my birthday! Today I celebrate my last year as a 20-something. In honor of the beginning of the end (ha), here is what I am thankful for/proud of/liked the most/random facts from my 29 years (in no particular order). They have been pretty awesome.

  1. I graduated with my B.A. and M.Ed. and started my Ph.D.! I think I love school:)
  2. I lived in 9 different homes in 3 different cities (2 different states)
  3. I bought my first car
  4. I bought my first HOME!
  5. I worked 10 different jobs (2 of which are career related)
  6. I got 1 career promotion
  7. I went to Europe FIVE times (France/Italy, UK, Italy again, Spain and Greece)
  8. I explored parts of the U.S.A. and surrounding territories-> Puerto Rico, Bahamas, California, Nevada, Texas, Alabama, Florida, Ohio, Illinois, D.C., Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, New York, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee, Kentucky, Vermont, New Hampshire, Michigan...
  9. I attended 32 weddings (and was in 4 of them)!
  10. I opened a Roth IRA and 457 (b)
  11. I played soccer and swam for about 12 years each!
  12. I ran 4 half marathons 
  13. I ran 1 marathon
  14. I overcame an eating disorder
  15. I got 2 cats (only 1 lives with me!) 
  16. I was vegan, vegetarian...and then stuck with being a "lazy vegetarian":) I promise I can make up my mind.
  17. I went on a million dates (felt like it at least!)
  18. I joined a sorority (Alpha Chi Omega)
  19. I had a total of 43 housemates/roommates (not including family)
  20. I made the all-girls and mixed show choirs in my high school
  21. I was in a choir in college and an acapella group after college
  22. I was in 2 plays
  23. I had 2 solos
  24. I learned the importance of a good book
  25. I had my first celebrity crushes (Johnathan Taylor Thomas and Leonardo Dicaprio)
  26. I had 4 hamsters (Chip, Whiskers, Squeaky and Jack-> yup, from Titanic)
  27. I met a lot of awesome friends who make my life so amazing and teach me to be a better person (gonna get sappy here)
  28. I learned to let go of friends who weren't good for me and stand up for myself
  29. I chose to be happy:)

I am excited for 29!!!



What are some of your big life milestones/accomplishments? Anyone else with a June 10th birthday? We're pretty awesome:)


Post a Comment