Monday, August 24, 2015

Richmond Marathon Training

I officially started marathon training at the end of May, but the long weekend runs didn't amp up until mid- July (before the weeks I list below, we had gotten up to 11 miles for our long weekend run and the longest weekday run was 6 miles). I have enjoyed the training team on Saturday mornings when I am in town, and I am excited to run with them more from here on out! I did a great job following the runs during my travels, though they were not as fun.

Here are my stats up to now (I start with week 8 technically, but I will call it week 1 on here since the mileage was about what it was when I started training in December for the Shamrock Marathon).

July 13- 19 (Week 1- Vancouver!)
Mon- 3.1 miles
Tues- 4.1 miles
Wed- 6 miles (left for Vancouver)
Thurs- Rest
Fri- 8.5 miles
Sat- 5 miles
Sun- Rest
Total: 26.7 miles

July 20- 26 (Week 2- Alaska Cruise!)
Mon- 4 miles
Tues- Elliptical
Wed- 6 miles
Thurs- 4 miles
Fri- 12 miles
Sat- Elliptical
Sun- Rest
Total: 28 miles

July 27- August 2 (Week 3)
Mon- 4 miles
Tues- Rest
Wed- 7 miles
Thurs- 3.5 miles
Fri- Rest
Sat- 14 miles
Sun- 5 miles
Total: 33.5 miles

August 3- 9 (Week 4- went to NYC for the weekend so long run was early)
Mon- Rest
Tues- 3.5 miles
Wed- 14.1 miles
Thurs- 3 miles
Fri- Rest
Sat- 5 miles
Sun- 3.1 miles
Total: 28.7 miles

August 10- 16 (Week 5- spent the week at the beach, so long run was earlier due to guests coming)
Mon- Elliptical
Tues- 10 miles
Wed- 3.1 miles
Thurs- 16 miles
Fri- Rest
Sat- 5 miles
Sun- 3.5 miles
Total: 37.6 miles

August 17- 23 (Week 6)
Mon- Rest
Tues- 4 miles
Wed- 8.3 miles
Thurs- 4 miles
Fri- Rest
Sat- 14.25 miles
Sun- 3.2 miles
Total: 33.75 miles

I haven't been paying attention to my pace too closely, but I will as the temperatures start falling. It is amazing the differences that heat and humidity make! The race is in 12 weeks.

If you are training for races, I hope your runs are going well:)
Post a Comment