Wednesday, September 9, 2015

If we were on a coffee date


If we were on a coffee date, I'd make you walk to Starbucks with me through Carytown and I would order a venti iced skinny vanilla latte, because iced coffee will be out of season soon and I need to milk it for all it's worth! And caffeine is my best friend some days!

If we were on a coffee date, I'd talk to you about my PhD program, because I am so loving teaching this semester. I am already thinking ahead to my dissertation, pulling articles and thinking about my study. I love it. Such a good decision, despite all my trepidations. You don't always know if you are going down the right path, but I am a firm believer that every thing happens for a reason. Creating your own path is the most exciting part.

If we were on a coffee date, I'd talk about how I am ready for fall weather and fall running. The miles I have run this summer have been my highest ever and I am so ready for running after work as opposed to the mornings and being in 50(!) degree temperatures!

If we were on a coffee date, I'd ask you if you like your job. I'd want to know how you work through the days/weeks/months when it is not as fulfilling and what you do to combat that.

If we were on a coffee date, I'd want to know about your sleeping schedule. Does everyone need less sleep than I or am I just a zombie?

If we were on a coffee date, I'd want new book recommendations. I need some good chic lit:)

If we were on a coffee date, I'd talk about new, easy recipes for lunches and dinners and how to best cook for one person!

If we were on a coffee date, I'd ask about your family and what your personal goals are for the future. How your relationships are, and how as I approach 30, I feel my relationships with friends changing as they settle down and start families. How I am no where near wanting that and how some days I wonder if I am missing something internally that everyone else has?

What would you want to talk about if we went for coffee?


Post a Comment