Friday, September 18, 2015

Sleeping more, running less and UCI bike race!

Hi there! Wow, my posts has definitely slowed down since summer and traveling has come to an end. I guess when I am not traveling I don't feel like I have a lot to post on:)! So here is a quick catch up since our coffee date last week.

  1. I have been on a running break for about 10 days now. I was worried about some minor aches and pains becoming chronic, so I decided it was a good time in my training cycle to take a breather. I will end up missing a 16- and 12-miler total from the break, but I have already done two 16-milers, so I feel good about breaking. Next weekend I will come back and probably run with the novice group for 17 miles since my group is doing 20, but it will just depend on how I feel. I am feeling pretty good from this break, so maybe I will be able to kick out a 20-miler no problem? Wishful thinking:)
  2. I have gotten SO MUCH MORE sleep during this running break. It has been amazing, and I think is what has contributed to me feeling so much better. I can run in the evenings most days after work now that the weather has cooled off, so this should continue once I get back to running. I may do one weekday a morning just to change things up when I have my evening classes, but I am totally sold on evening, fall running!
  3. Since I haven't been running I have been walking in the evenings, and I am still a firm believer in walking to keep your mental sanity and get some endorphins from the outdoors!
  4. The UCI bike race starts in Richmond this weekend! The city has been prepping for this for months and it will be neat to have people from all over the world visiting Richmond over the next 10 days! VCU is closed, so I get an extra week off class (hence why classes started so early in August), and I am hoping to check out some of the races in the evenings next week!
  5. I started watching Below Deck on Bravo last night and I think I have a new guilty pleasure! It is about the crew of a chartered yacht. Since being on my cruise this summer, I am fascinated about the lives of the crew members, so this hits the spot.
  6. I love having my windows open:) Anyone else?!
I hope you have a great weekend! I am headed to Virginia Beach to visit a friend and enjoy some last rays of summer!


Post a Comment